Saturday, August 15, 2009

Working Parent Syndrome

I am going to share a very personal part of my life with you right now...I suffer from WPS. I go to work 5 days a week in a very wonderul but hectic environment and then come home, do homework, do laundry, (Steve does cook dinner - thank goodness), baths, nighttime sticker charts, and put the girls to bed. Then I start my second job - which if you are on this blog you know what that is. My second job also takes many nights and weekends. I will be honest - it has been getting to me lately. My oldest (and most manipulative) child has figured this out so her new favorite complaint is "you are always working" N omatter how hard I tried to show her all the time we spent together - she still complained so in order to make it very visual we marked off a day on the calendar to be family day, with a specific project in mind...building a tree house. Well today was that day and I wanted to share with you our tree house. It is not the Thajma Hall - but the girls love it and they especially love that they "helped" build it(and it does have a cool slide exit). Anyway I wanted to say thank you to those of you who are so very patient with me when things get crazy...Sometimes we all need to just schedule a day...and by the way yes that is permanent marker on my little one's face...so much for trying to sleep in for one morning!!!!



-Laurie







No comments:

Post a Comment